24

No, not the Kiefer Sutherland show. 24 is the number of text messages I’ve been getting everyday for the past 2 weeks from random lawyers, asking me to vote for them in the upcoming Bar Association elections. Said messages are irritating, to say the least, and pop up at the oddest of hours (mostly at 2 a.m.), and are corny as hell. A few choice examples:

Each of us r angels with one wing & we can fly only by embracing each other. KINDLY SUPPORT XYZ FOR VICE PRESIDENT… (Considering most lawyers out here are men, this little pearl of wisdom brings hideous images to mind.)

SMILE is like a SIM CARD and Life is like a CELL PHONE. Whenever U insert the Sim Card of a Smile, a beautiful day is activated. XYZ FOR JOINT SECRETARY… (So, will you pay my cell phone bills if I vote for you?)

Best Friends Listen 2 each other. XYZ CONVEYS HIGH REGARDS 2 U; CONTESTING FOR MEMBER EXECUTIVE… (U’re my best fren since wen?)

Soul of Democracy lies in effective participation. Please Bless, Vote and Support XYZ for MEMBER EXECUTIVE (A constitutional theorist! SO KEWL!)

To know ones ignorance is the best part of knowledge. XYZ FOR JOINT SECRETARY… (I know I’m ignoring this message, and am thoroughly enjoying the sudden influx of knowledge.)

Those who joyfully leave everything in God’s hand will eventually see God’s hand in everything. XYZ FOR JOINT SECY.” (Has this guy ever heard of Sigmund Freud?)

Clearly, lawyers need to be kept far, far away from bulk messaging sevices.

5 Scallywags have walked the Plank |:

Judy B said...

LOL :D Thank God! The status message got me wondering.

Rassles said...

Good golly, that would secure my vote for the other guy. Girl. Whomever.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Rass. And if you go underground, I hope you'll let me know.

Nitika said...

I've been getting these messages too. Its funny coz i cant even vote. Im not registered here in Delhi with the Bar Council.

But I have been attending a lot of chai samosa parties for a certain Presidential candidate lately.
His son is also here on a break campaigning for him.

Mister Crowley said...

Judy: You don't the half of it, luv.

Rassles: Burn the lot of them, I say.

Frankie: Will do, Frankie.

Nikita: I think I know which candidate and which son you're talking about. Par hum toh Supreme Court ke parindey hain....HCBA elections are no concern of mine.