Drummer Singh had this mirth-inducing quote as his G-talk caption for a while last week. Dave Mustaine’s last words are obviously not going to be “A tout le monde, a tout mes amis”. They’ll most probably be, “Urk…Lars, you asshole.”
Drummer Singh doesn’t like Megadeth a lot, evidently.


Crowley, on the other hand, loves Megadeth. Regardless of the fact that, with 3 new members in a 4-member lineup, Vic’s boys aren’t what they used to be during their Rust in Peace days, Megadeth can still kill the floor on the worst of days.


Crowley is cursing his luck to no end that he’s stony broke around the time Megadeth hits Bangalore. Dear Mr. Banker Sir, is it too much for me to want to catch more than ONE international metal gig a year? Grrrrr!!!!


Oh well, it looks like Mustaine’s last words in India are going to be “Goodbye Bangalore”. Meh.

Moving on, since everyone these days seems to be making lists of one sort or the other (on and off the blogosphere), here’s one of my own (keeping in line with the general tenor of this post) –



15 Songs I’d Love to Play Live (up on stage, like)

1. Big Bad Moon – Joe Satriani: Have you heard the first solo on this one? Have you? No? Twats, the lot of you!

2. The Four Horsemen – Metallica: I dove headfirst into the murky pool of metal (back when I was but a wee lad of 13) with this song. I’ll pick Pestilence, thank you.

3. Comfortably Numb – Pink Floyd: Yeah, yeah. Half the known world wants to be out there in the spotlight doing this one (no, they don’t look right to me; get ‘em up against the Wall).

4. Erotomania – Dream Theater: Musical masturbation is what I call this instrumental. Go Portnoy!

5. Hangar 18 – Megadeth: I mean, c’mon. This post is about them (sort of).

6. Out on the Tiles – Led Zeppelin: This isn’t one of my favourite Led Zep songs, but it’s definitely one of my favourite Led Zep riffs. Plus, it has immense crowd-chant potential.

7. Kickapoo – Tenacious D: Not much of an anthem. But this song is waaay too hilarious NOT to have on this list.

8. Tears of the Wizard – Parikrama: My current Indian rock fav.

9. Pride and Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan: Try and listen to a live version of this one. Any version will do. SRV does this song differently in every gig. If I could play like that, I’d quit law, I’d quit this blog, I’d quit women, I’d…er. Ok, that’s enough for now.

10. Low Down – Black Label Society: Hell, I’d play anything by Zakk Wylde. Lots of sizzling riff-value; LOTS of redneck scream value (“Make some noise, motherfuckers”).

11. Black Sabbath – Black Sabbath: Eeriest song of all time. Welcome the Dark Lords, ye wankers.

12. Mmm Mmm Mmm – Crash Test Dummies: Don’t ask me why this one’s on this list. It’s here. That’s all you need to know.

13. Ball Peen Hammer – Joe Bonamassa: My new blues hero.

14. God of Wine – Third Eye Blind: The odd man on this list. But this one has tremendous potential for (a) an emo-rock song; and (b) a Third Eye Blind song – Stephan Jenkins actually manages to hold a note (well, almost).

15. Mr. Crowley – Ozzy Osbourne: But of course :-D



0 Scallywags have walked the Plank |: